Sunday, September 14, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake

It has always been a joy celebrating sis's birthday. Not only because it falls on Singapore National Day; but this time round, we had a record of 7 members of the family in the birthday cake photo! Could have been 8 but Desmond was helping with the photo taking. By the way, this is a delayed post, as I got the photos only today =)

Yuan has grown fond of blowing candles. She even mastered the full "Happy Birthday" song for Mummy, and happily sang it the whole day long. Before the cake cutting, I was teaching her some Maths. I asked her how many candles should there be on the cake since Mummy is 31. After much negotiation with Yuan, we decided that it should be three.



But during the actual candle lighting, my parents thought that one candle is simple enough. That's why the initial photo was taken with only one lighted candle. And here comes Yuan's protests, who refuses to carry on with the celebration unless there are three candles. Of course she won.

I bought the Strawberry Shortcake from Prima Deli. Why SS? Actually it was a close fight between SS and Dora The Explorer which is Yuan's favourite character. SS because the cake design was bright and cheery. Also, it brings back memories of me and my sister when we were young, when we collected everything from SS wallets, stickers and pencil cases. I was surprised they still have this design after so many years.

No comments: