Saturday, September 20, 2008

Okaeri Nasai~

Friday evening at Changi Airport T3 is serene and peaceful.

Somehow I got the feeling that T3 is overdesigned, with less than 20% of the check-in booths in operation when I was there yesterday. But it was as clean and majestic as about 8 months ago, when I was there on its opening day on 9th Jan. But not many more shops were opened, compared to in Jan, which surprised me.

Anyway this is first time I am at T3 in the daytime, so I went to the viewing mall to observe the planes which I did not get to do so when I was there at night. As usual it was packed with school students "trying" to study but the view was indeed quite magnificent.

By the way, Desmond was not aware that I would be here, so this was meant to be a surprise... Unfortunately I let the cat out of the bag when he phoned me after he landed =(

Desmond's flight landed at 505pm, but he did not appear at the arrival hall until half an hour later, when I spotted a man snapping photos curiously with his phone camera. It must be him.

As he walked out with his luggage towards me, I had an overwhelmed feeling. What is supposed to be a week long of duty in Guangzhou, really feels like a month. See how ecstatic he is to be home =)

And I got a present for him! Part I of the present was a white fluffy monkey with a curly wiley tail and a shy bashful face. I find it so cute that I have to get it for him. It also fits the theme of his new blog, which is gemini-monkey-journal. The only heart-ache of the journey back is that the trip from airport to Bishan on a maxi cab cost nearly $30, which I thought was exorbitant.



Part II of the present is a 8-piece fine chocolate which I made (Yes I did!) in NYP workshop on Thursday. It has a green tea or a orange filling. The final product does not look that professional though, but the taste? Still ok lah =)


Demond lost 2 kilos during the trip; he said he owned it to the low carbo diet he has been keeping for the past 7 days. I wish he had lost more though... but now he is at a prosperous 88kg... Keep it up!

No comments: