Sunday, September 21, 2008

想 [ 當 年 ]

There is an interesting shop in China Square Building 2nd level, which I stumbled upon this morning. At first glance the small shop looks like a junk ship full of second hand and unwanted goods. Although there is a huge spread of items, they are all categorised neatly in piles or stacks. As I took a closer look, treasures from the 50s to the 80s were but everywhere. I was so excited that I took pictures of all those items which I find nostalgic.

From the photos on the wall, the shopkeeper seems to be a prominent and high ranking figure in the Singapore Scouts Society. Many local and overseas celebrities have also visited his shop. He took photos with ministers and the president as well. Luckily the shopkeeper was exceptionally busy today and did not notice me snapping pictures away. And out of my expectations he actually have a website for his shop at http://www.viewpointtrading.com.



There is no price tag for all items in the shop. Well I guess antiques, no matter what are they, appreciate at various rates with time. And some of them are not even for sale. The one closest to heart will have to be the 1st generation Singapore Broadcasting Centre 电视广播周刊 which I used to read when I was in primary school. As I flipped the pages, the magazine is still in very good condition and still reeked of the familiar yellow paper smell. And the price tag in the 80s? 60 cents.

No comments: