Sunday, December 14, 2008

Go West

Calling all westerners! Listen up!

The new Jurong Point is now open! When I first visited there last week, there is only one word that can describe the new shopping mall. SCARY! There are like tons of streaming people, the new JP2 is as big as JP1 (yes!), which means it is now double the size of the original JP. What's more exciting is that westerners no longer have to put up with the poor selection of shops in the old JP.

We are now having alfresco restaurants like New York New York, Dian Xiao Er, Ding Tai Feng, Ji De Chi Deserts, Fig & Olive, BK, Bakerzin etc etc which we can only used to dream of in the west. And my favourite? Lai Lai Niu Rou Mee which can only be found in Liang Seah Street for the past ten years!

I really cannot say enough of the variety of shops there, from fashion to accessories to beauty salons, the selection is really gorgeous. There is even a NTUC Xtra which is 24hours, like the one in AMK Hub. You will have to go there and experience yourself..With the atrouciously packed public transport nowadays, it really make sense now to do all my shopping in JP than in town. Horray!


I can still remember my excitement when JP1 opens when I was 14. That is 14 years ago. Yet, it is still the same excitement I am feeling now, no less than the past =)

No comments: