Saturday, February 21, 2009

Its Too Stiff

This is how my neck bones look like under X ray, after a car collision on Thursday. Stiff as a bamboo, the doctor at Mt Alvernia said.

It was a freak car incident at NYP compound on Thursday, when a car hit my dad's cab shortly after I removed my seat belt. It was less than 50m from my destination and both cars are already travelling at snail speed!
The slight collision actually threw my body in all directions as my instincts told me to hold on to the seat in front of me to prevent further vibrations. Nevertheless, the impact was too big on my neck such that it felt sprained and twisted after I went home the same night. It hurt my left arm as well as it knocked hard on the car door.

As all kinds of injuries / medical conditions post accident are claimable, the agent brought me to Mt Alvernia to get my neck checked on Friday evening. By then, my central neck bone and nerves were so painful that I can hardly turn 90 degrees to my right. My neck was swollen and stiff.

Luckily there were no complications, as the X ray films showed. But a normal neck is C shape, as suggested by the doctor. And mine, is as straight as a bamboo, which seems to imply to me that I need to resume my new massage package at Kenko Wellness Spa. Heh.

No comments: