Wednesday, May 11, 2011

At Sophia's

It has been a long time since I blogged. So many things happened in this last 4 months. I started work in the first week of Jan 2011, planning on our wedding and also of coz, the GE which was held on 7th May.

I shall dedicate this post on our wedding preparations. Lets see. We finally secured our photographer for the customary and ROM and we went for our first gown fitting at Sophia in April! It was really fun fitting gowns and also seeing other brides fit the gorgeous gowns. As there is limitations on the type of gowns I can select, it was still an fun experience of a lifetime.

For months, I have been scouting on magazines on the type of halter that suits me. Found some samples and one of them is designed by Sarah Burton (Kate Middleton's designer). So the ideal dress I am planning to find will be of a similar design as these as I have a long skinny neck and chest scars which I need to hide.


The WG I chose was the first gown I fit. Sometimes, you do not need to look very far for the best things in life! It was also pretty straightforward for the outdoor gown, as there were only two gowns which has a halter neck design. We were not allowed to take any photos but we managed to squeeze in some.



As for the EG, it was really tough. Most of them are bustier, i.e. tube gowns which I could not wear. Hence there is no choice but to tailor make for a semi halter dress for the EG. Just cant wait for the first fitting of the EG in May, and hope that by then there will be more choices available for my ROM and tea ceremony dress.

I think Desmond looks great in the beige and black suits. But we chose a grey and back suits ultimately due to practical reasons, he can keep the grey suit for future work and casual use.



So the widely anticipated gown fitting ended within 4 hours, which is by all means, fast. Though disappointed that I did not get to use the gorgeous bustier dresses, I was really glad that I found the halter dress that I want.

Oh yes, I was got a pair of bridal shoes from Anna Nucci. It was a off white, blinky strappy heels of only 2 in! The ideal height that I was looking for.

No comments: