Saturday, November 13, 2010

Poetry Days

I was browsing through my old computer today and discovered that I used to have a erm... hobby. It is such a long time ago and almost forgot about it. I used to write poems between 2005 to 2007. And I actually have a large collection of them in my even older computer which crashed and I never recovered them.

Nevertheless, I still have 2 of them left and in case I lost them again, I shall post them here. But I think my English have a lot of room for improvement!

I written the first one in early 2007:

The Wind Mill

We all knew what we want; that’s why we came here
But at the first innocent glance; it wasn’t crystal clear
The foliages and blossoms, so colorful they blinded me
Distracted by the mystified sky, I know not what is mockery

Brawn and sturdy, the windmill stood
Barely oblivious, it did what it could
It can’t leave the lush; it felt it needed them
It was their immaculate glamour, that shaped its lifeless fans

The time has arrived. I am ready to run.
To race for the tireless blades; and all its glorious garland
But what stood in front, was a barren field
As now the mill turns, for the other in lieu

Arriving at the new town, I’m helplessly lost
‘Cause we were never far away but our paths never crossed


The second one was written in late 2007 to take part in a ST Life Home Renovation Competition. It was never published of coz.


Space @ My Humble Home

The smell of home is in the Air.

There is no luxury of space, nor splashes of lavish paint;
Not to mention, that its sense of modern cosmopolitance is faint.
But it is filled with sweet memories of nostalgic childhood;
Coupled with the simplicity of life and its all we asked for, if we could..

Tired of the colorful, vivid world,
And disheartened by what power and dollars can lure.
We yearn to return to a home of lush and serenity;
Affection and warmth… just you and me.

This unpolished piece of raw jade;
To us, it is already heaven-made.
What mattered is the love that went into its creation;
And the inherent affinity for bliss in this space.

We already have a dream…
And what we envisage that is not at all warped
It just needs the special magic wand, to power it up.

I wished I was able to retrieve my previous collection of poems. Because I think I will not be able to do anything like that anymore

No comments: